SIMPLY GREAT CHICKEN | All About Women

SIMPLY GREAT CHICKEN

SIMPLY GREAT CHICKEN Food Recipes, I found this excellent recipe on Katy's Food for a Hungry Soul web site. I've made it a couple of times and it is hard to fathom that such a wonderful taste comes from THREE ingredients; it could not be easier or more satisfying.
3½ pounds of boneless-skinless chicken
(1) .7 ounce packet of DRY Italian salad dressing mix
½ cup of brown sugar

Yes, that's it!! Mix the dry salad dressing mix (I used Good Seasons brand) with the brown sugar. Wash and pat dry the chicken and coat all sides with the mixture. Place the chicken in a sprayed 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle any leftover mix over the chicken. Bake it at 350F for 50-60 minutes (depending on how big your chicken pieces are). I spoon the sauce over the chicken several times during the last 20 minutes of cooking.

The first time I made this, I used 8 whole boneless-skinless thighs. The next time, I cut the same amount of thighs up into pieces. Next time I will leave them whole, we liked it better that way.

When you first put this recipe in the oven, the seasonings smell a little "strong" but it all mellows out as it cooks and the chicken is juicy, tender and the sauce is fabulous.

NOTE: If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, this chicken makes excellent fried rice the next day.


SIMPLY GREAT CHICKEN FOOD RECIPES
By Coleen Marie
 

All About Women Copyright © 2011 Design by Panji Media