KATY'S CHICKEN | All About Women

KATY'S CHICKEN

KATY'S CHICKEN Food Recipes, Katy is one of the sweetest souls I've met in the blogging world. Her web page is called Food for a Hungry Soul; do yourself a favor and check out her recipes. I especially enjoy her chicken recipes because her "Ole Sweetie-Pi" and my "Hubby" have very similar taste when it comes to anything more elaborate than red meat and potatoes.

Katy's original title for today's post was Oven Fried Chicken with Honey Butter Sauce...however at our house, we just called Katy's chicken and it is delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe Katy.



1 tender frying chicken, cut up for frying
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 cup butter

SAUCE
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice (I used pineapple)
(I added a pinch of dry red pepper flakes)

Dip chicken pieces into mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Melt one stick butter in a shallow baking pan in a hot oven (400 degrees). Remove pan from oven. Arrange chicken in single layer in pan, turning to coat with butter. Bake skin side down at(400F) 30 minutes. Turn chicken.

For the sauce, melt 1/4 cup butter and add the honey and lemon juice. Pour the sauce over chicken and bake another 30 minutes or until fork-tender. Baste often, with the sauce, during last 15 minutes of baking,

I decided to use 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken. Assuming I wouldn't need as much flour mixture, I followed Katy’s directions (well almost) and made only half of the flour mixture. I also substituted pineapple juice for the lemon juice. I baked the floured chicken breasts 25 minutes at 400F and then covered them with the sauce and baked them for another 20 minutes (basting them with the sauce every 5 minutes or so).

This recipe is so simple yet produces an extremely tender and juicy chicken breast. I made a few extra and we are looking forward to making some great chicken sammie’s tomorrow.




KATY'S CHICKEN FOOD RECIPES
By Coleen Marie
 

All About Women Copyright © 2011 Design by Panji Media