RICE STUFFED MUSHROOMS | All About Women

RICE STUFFED MUSHROOMS

RICE STUFFED MUSHROOMS Food Recipes, The origin of this recipe is fairly humble: Hubby was hungry for steak and I was not, so I stuffed some large button mushrooms full of leftover spicey red  rice and topped them with Monterrey Jack cheese and baked them. They were so good, I ate way too much...the rest of them I re-heated (microwave) for lunch the next day and they were excellent.



I used a melon baller to scrape out the gills of the large mushrooms which made a nice pocket for the rice.
I stuffed the raw mushrooms full of (cold) red rice. Place the stuffed mushrooms in a 9 x 13 baking dish and top with shredded Monterrey Jack cheese.



Bake in pre-heated 350 oven for 15 minutes then turn on the broiler for a minute or two and serve.

Delicous and good for you if you go easy on the cheese.


RICE STUFFED MUSHROOMS FOOD RECIPES
By Coleen Marie
 

All About Women Copyright © 2011 Design by Panji Media