PINEAPPLE-PECAN CUPCAKES | All About Women

PINEAPPLE-PECAN CUPCAKES

PINEAPPLE-PECAN CUPCAKES Food Recipes, A few days ago, Donna, over at My Tasty Treasures, posted a yummy looking recipe for Pineapple Pecan Cake. Today, I decided to cut her recipe in half and make cupcakes instead (half of the recipe makes 15 cupcakes).

With my "tweaks" I was aiming for sort of a pineapple upside down cake flavor, and it worked!! I love recipes like this, they go together with just a bowl and a spoon... and couldn't be easier.

ULTRA MOIST

Here is Donna's original recipe, and my tweaks are in blue:
2 cups all purpose flour (1 cup)
2 cups sugar (1/2 cup white + 1/2 cup brown sugar)
2 teaspoons baking soda (1 teaspoon)
2 eggs (1 egg)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter extract
20 ounce can crushed pineapple (8 oz. can)
1 cup chopped pecans - toasted (2/3 cup)

Stir everything in a large bowl, just until moist. Bake in a greased 9x13 pan (I used paper-lined cupcakes) and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes (I baked my cupcakes for 18 minutes).

NOTE: Do not drain the crushed pineapple.

FROSTING
8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
1 stick of butter (softened)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon (yes tablespoon) of vanilla
Mix until smooth

NOTE: These cupcakes are exceptionally moist even though they have no oil or butter in the batter. They actually taste a lot better at room temperature than they do when they are hot.

PINEAPPLE-PECAN CUPCAKES FOOD RECIPES
By Coleen Marie
 

All About Women Copyright © 2011 Design by Panji Media