CRANBERRY SAUCE | All About Women

CRANBERRY SAUCE

CRANBERRY SAUCE Food Recipes,
I have been trying out various side dishes and condiments with Thanksgiving in mind. Lately, I've been trying out cranberry sauce recipes. If you follow my blog, you know my dear sweet Hubby is a "purist" when it comes to a lot of foods. Actually, that just means he is very picky eater and doesn't like a lot of "extras" in what he eats. This simple cranberry sauce really fills that bill; he loves it and has asked me to stock up on cranberries for the freezer, with this recipe in mind.
Three Simple Ingredients:
12 ounces fresh cranberries
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
Wash and sort the berries, and put all ingredients into a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to a medium simmer and cook the berries (stirring berries about once a minute) for 20 minutes. When they first start to boil, the berries will actually pop, so cover the boiling berries with a splatter screen to reduce any mess.

If you like whole berry cranberry sauce, just pour it into a bowl and chill for a few hours For  Picky-picky Hubby, I press the sauce through a strainer to remove the berry skins. Sauce will thicken as it cools.NOTE: I am not usually a cranberry sauce fan, but I found this to be excellent.

UPDATE: Since I posted this, I've discovered that using half white sugar and half brown sugar is a fantastic addition.

CRANBERRY SAUCE FOOD RECIPES
By Coleen Marie
 

All About Women Copyright © 2011 Design by Panji Media