BROWNIE BITES | All About Women

BROWNIE BITES

BROWNIE BITES Food Recipes, So what does a baker do to celebrate her 60th birthday? She bakes something SHE really likes!!! I found this little recipe gem on My Tasty Treasures last winter; she calls them Fudge Brownie Cups; I call them addictive!!! Donna frosts hers with melted Hershey's chocolate, but since I made these for my birthday, I frosted them with my all-time favorite chocolate cream cheese frosting. These little beauties are moist and chocolatey and so easy to pop in your mouth. My son calls them "wicked good". Fortunately for me...as all bakers know, calories consumed on your birthday do not count!!! 2 sticks butter, room temperature
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 + 1/3 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs
20 tablespoons flour
Lightly butter mini-muffin pans (my tip*I used Bakers Joy spray). Melt together, butter, semisweet chocolate and brown sugar in a pan over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth (*keep it as cool as possible).
.
Remove from heat and beat in vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, stirring until well mixed. Fold in flour and blend well. (*let this batter sit for about 10 minutes before you bake it and it will be easier to work).
.
Spoon one (*rounded) measuring teaspoonful into each spot. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 10 to 12 minutes (*my oven took exactly 11 minutes). Remove and cool completely.
NOTE: grease or spray pans between each batches of brownie cups. This recipe makes 60.
.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
¼ cup soft butter
½ cup baking cocoa
8 ounce cream cheese (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
.
The butter needs to be really warm, but not melted. Stir the cocoa into the butter and mix well; whip in the cream cheese & add vanilla, scraping the sides of the bowl frequently so that you get a nice smooth butter-cocoa-vanilla-cream cheese mixture. Beat in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating until really smooth in between each cup.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So what is it like to turn 60? Not as stressful as I anticipated.
What am I going to do for my birthday? Relax and let Hubby grill.
What do I want for my birthday? Hugs and kisses from my husband, children and grandchildren...other than that, I have everything I've ever wanted...oh! wait!! Not quite everything I've ever wanted...I've always wanted a white picket fence, but that's more of a June Cleaver dream I think. Come to think of it, I DO have everything I've ever wanted (except those kisses!!).
BROWNIE BITES FOOD RECIPES
By Coleen Marie
 

All About Women Copyright © 2011 Design by Panji Media